Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)
RSS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby and me ( not a movie tittle plz)

Somehow I manage to show to them that a freak like me can actually handle babies way better than those smart-ass who only knew the basics in books and totally forgotten on how to take care of their siblings (given if they have any experience in doing so).

I'm posting at post-natal ward at 6D at Sungai Buloh Hospital. That ward only admit normal newborn and mother without much complications after delivery. I manage to shut a baby that mother's away for treatment (ok, it's like he shut up once i hold him and then start to cry back and my colleague ask him from me and i give it to her and then he's still crying and she gave it to me but the baby still cry albeit only for a few seconds and then shut the hell up) and they have this disbelieve look on how i'm not awkward at holding newborns and feeding them supplementary milk. Though they throw a few comment on how brutal the way i handle em. It looks rough, yes but I actually handling 'em pretty well. My hands are still though i slouched when i held the baby and feed him and looks like a gangsta with a baby at her hand. I wanna take pic but someone told me that it is not encouragable to take pic wif babies. Plus it's not my kid so i'm cool.

And i thought i'm not going to change anyone's diaper. Yet, i'm still doing it.hahaha. newborn poop didn't smell ( or maybe i'm just plain immune to it)

Get a first-hand experience on seeing how the newborn receive their BCG. It's given Intradermal. The JM said something like if the BCG are given IM then the effect would be just like injecting plain water to the baby. Something like that.

I have to read more on breastfeeding. I have to teach the new mothers on how to do so. I even have to teach them on how to properly hold their babies. Although i have no experience on doing so ... yet. Somehow kak qhom, after reading one patient BHT state that she's felt challenged. One of the mom is actually 18 years old and the hubby is a year older than me. Wtf? Hehe. At least she got married.

Babies cutie, here (step) mama come.

P/s: i hate people who touch a newborn without a reason to do so. If you only want to coo or something like that you better read on health ed. Babies supposed to be bonded to the mom. Let the mum cuddle em. If i have a newborn myself, i wouldn't like anyone else to keep touching my baby like he/she was her kid. And watch ur hand b4 n after u touch newborn.they are prone.noktah


 

++chepazana++

++teringat time beliau keje di nursery dolu++

0 comments: