Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)
RSS

Monday, May 3, 2010

the importance of editing

Okay, I admit that I'm a lil bit photoshop illitrate. I only know how to use brush only. But lately i know how to use one more function. I couldn't help but vouch that this function is like another vital function that you cannot miss. That is the (hue/saturation) and (color/contrast). Damn, i admit i only found out that ps have it.i usually either use paint tool sai or window picture viewer to do that. Excuse me all photoshop sifoo(master) out there for not finding this function earlier.



This piece was done totally in photoshop (that include the lineart, with help from my dear tabby). The first picture was how it looks like without editing. Ps got a better range in editing, you can choose to change the color scheme, depth, brightness,contrast etc. At this particular piece, i made it darker and make it more contrast, i change the midtone to be more bluish and the shadow lean more toward magenta and yeah the background suck. "orz . and after i go my own merry way of adjusting shit, it became like the second picture, which you can see have a better depth of color in it and more sharper. The bad side of this is that your mistake is going to be obvious too.ugh.




For the gakupo fanart, I did the lineart in my sketchbook and scan the picture into my lappie. The lineart a little bit blurred at first but I adjusted it at Microsoft picture manager so that it's presentable. This particular piece was colored in paint tool sai using mouse since that bloody thing won't cooperate with my tabbie, f*cker. As you can see the color are pretty dull. I did the editing using Microsoft picture manager again since it is pretty simple to use. This all happen before I know the function of editing at Photoshop.

++chepazana++
++turn 21 today++

0 comments: